Friday, March 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's my birthday today... so I've created a collage with a collection of cakes mom made for my birthday each year: One, a bunny; Two, a snowman; Three, a doll with a dress; Four, Hansel and Gretel's house; Five, Hickory Dickory Dock clock; Six, appears to be what is still my favorite... angel food with pink icing. These were the days before Martha Stewart... mom was inspired by the Australian Woman's Weekly cookbooks. (Click on pic to see an enlarged view.)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, i've managed to 'blog hop' my way here ! Happy Birthday , you share this great day with my eldest daughter Neah (9 yrs) . I remember staying with you in Vancouver many eons ago and we went to a fancy dress party - you sang a memorable Madonna number - that I can't remember ! ( Material Girl ? )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have those pictures!! I remember every doll and animal cake I ever had and wish upon wish I had photos to commemorate them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, these pics are adorable. Hee hee, I love how your hair colour blends into the 70s decor! How sweet that your mom had you pose this way for each birthday....what a wonderful mom to go to such effort for each birthday cake :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have photos for Loren and Dale as well, but it was my birthday first!!

    ReplyDelete