Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Pudding

I must be mad... or a glutton for punishment... because I'm attempting to make Christmas pudding again. The last time I made it, I boiled the pot dry, which is never a good thing!




The recipe calls for a cup of mixed fruit. I ended up chopping up way more than needed, but guess I can use that in the next recipe... fruitcake. (I used a mix of dried pinapple, apricots, prunes, currants, apple and pear.)

Christmas Pudding

Ingredients
1 cup sultanas
1 cup mixed fruit
½ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
¾ cup flour
Pinch of baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg
2 tbsp rum (or brandy)


Method
Put fruits in a bowl, sprinkle with rum (or brandy), leave overnight.
The next day, cream butter and sugar.
Add eggs.
Add fruit.
Add flour.
Add the pinches of spices etc.
Grease a heatproof bowl.
Place mixture inside.
Double foil and cover tightly.
Place in a double boiler and boil for 4 hours. Don’t let water run dry!
Serve with custard, crème anglaise or rum sauce.







What your pudding should look like prior to double foiling and cooking it in the double boiler.

No comments:

Post a Comment